Tuesday, May 29, 2012

BIG NEWS: WE ARE GETTING SO CLOSE!

I have exciting news. Our dossier is in Ukraine.

I'm kind of in shock.

It doesn't seem real that our dossier is done and on Ukrainian soil.

We will probably travel to get Andriy near the end of July. It seems far off, but at the same time I know the time will go quickly.

Also our funding is almost complete. We need to raise just a few thousand (about $4500) more to cover "summer" airline rates. But other than that we have what we need. Thank you to everyone who has been so generous. Your kindness and generosity has been overwhelming for us. Thank you for loving our son enough to help bring him home so quickly.

So what will you do while you wait you ask. We will wait! HAHA! What we have to wait for is a date for us to meet with Ukraine's version of social services. That date can be anywhere from 8-12 weeks from now. So we wait.

We will also get Andriy's room ready. We bought a used bunk bed over the holiday weekend. We need to get that put together and get a dresser, desk and small bookcase for his room. We are doing a Hurricanes hockey theme in there. The walls are gray, the furniture will be black and everything else will be red, black and white. I am just imagining watching him walk into his new room for the first time. i just know he is going to shout, "Let's Go Canes!" when he sees it. He loves hockey. I also picked up a street hockey net, gloves and a a bunch of sticks for him for a whooping $5 at a garage sale a few weeks ago. So Chris is ready to help his son with his hockey skills. He was very adamant when my sister visited him that he wanted his Papa to teach him to play hockey.




We will begin to collect stuff that we need for the trip. I picked up a jumbo suitcase at Goodwill the other day. I also bought Andriy a suit to wear to court the day we adopt him. He even gets to wear a tie. He is going to look so handsome. I am really looking forward to that day.

I am starting to work on curriculum for Danielle and Andriy for school in the Fall. We are taking the homeschool plunge. I'm kind of freaked out about it but know it is the right thing to do for both of our kids. Please pray for me as I choose what classes they will have and their curriculum.

I am also trying to concentrate my efforts to help my sister, Nicole and her husband Joe fund-raise for their adoption. They are adopting this little Pixie. Taylor is so adorable and a very special little girl. If Joe and Nicole receive enough funding they will be leaving long before we are for their adoption trip. They are leaving June 16. They still need $25k for her adoption. If you feel led to help you can go here and make a tax deductible donation.

I am currently putting together a giveaway to raise money for them. I need donations of gift cards, handmade items, etsy store items, or just about anything you thing people will want to give a $5 donation for a chance to win. Let me know if you have something to donate.

So I have plenty to keep me busy until it is our turn to travel to Ukraine. I know that will make the time fly.

I started out this adoption process confident and excited. Part way through I started to worry over every little thing that seemed (in my mind) to go wrong or slow. I had a few weeks of sleepless nights over it. Then about 2 months ago God just gave me the most incredible peace about the whole thing. Peace I had not experienced in years. Instead of fretting over every little delay or paperwork mistake (mostly made by me because I was worrying and couldn't focus) I had peace even when things didn't seem to be going right.

I guess I surrendered some to the process, but really I think it is the kind of peace only God can give a person. I wanted so badly to get him home before summer. Before hosting or that "yucky" camp the orphans have to go to when not hosted. Well that didn't happen. #1 he can't be hosted this summer. Something about different plans for his orphanage. #2 Because he can't be hosted he will probably end up at that "yucky" camp. I am really afraid of that place. I've heard the horror stories. But strangely God has given me a peace about it. God loves my boy more than I ever will and He can protect my boy at that awful place. He has been taking care of him without my help for almost 15 years. God does not need my help to protect him until I get there. So I am at peace. It's kinda weird for me. I am a worry wart. I saw this quote today and it really reflects how I feel.

“Worrying is carrying tomorrow's load with today's strength- carrying two days at once. It is moving into tomorrow ahead of time. Worrying doesn't empty tomorrow of its sorrow, it empties today of its strength.”
― Corrie Ten Boom

Wise words from a wise woman. I hope I am that wise someday.

"Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened,
and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in
heart, and you will find rest for your souls.
For my yoke is easy and my burden is light."
- Matthew 11:28-30 NIV

"So do not worry about tomorrow;
for tomorrow will care for itself.
Each day has enough trouble of its own."
- Matthew 6:34 NASB

"Trust in the Lord with all your heart;
do not depend on your own understanding.
Seek His will in all you do,
and He will show you which path to take."
- Proverbs 3:5-6 NLT

"And which of you by being anxious can add a
single hour to his span of life?"
- Luke 12:25

So we wait. We have plenty to do until then. We are coming soon my sweet boy. Hang in there.

Design I OLS post divider

2 comments:

Chandi said...

LOVE IT! Very excited for all 3 of you and Andriy! Praying still that everything will go fine and he is safe this summer. We are going to use My Fathers World for school this year(we homeschool) not sure if I told you that. Just my 2 cents worth. Check it out. Praying for you in that adventure also.

Sara Brinton {Noonday Ambassador} said...

No idea how to enter the giveaway, but I just gave $10. All we can do right now! We're in the middle of fundraising for the little girl we're adopting, Lana - also HIV positive from Eastern Europe.